Our services to banks
We advise banks on commercial and regulatory strategy issues in retail, SME and wholesale banking markets across Europe. We are privileged to count all of the UK’s leading banks, a number of the leading banks across Europe and many of the more recent entrants as our clients.
Our work covers all major product areas and channels. We also work on risk management and strategy, and on other corporate centre functions such as competition and legal. Some of the issues we’ve helped our clients with include:
- design and commercial and regulatory risk assessment of pricing structures;
- deepening customer understanding and embedding behavioural economics understanding within the organisation;
- proposition strategy review in light of Open Banking;
- consistent framework for assessing product, proposition and business unit performance;
- framework for conduct risk management;
- review of competition risks across the bank;
- competition regulatory reviews of banking markets; and
- litigation in relation to competition law.
Game-changing propositions. Frontier helped develop radical proposals in the major retail banking markets. Not the usual incremental change or product development, but completely new approaches. Frontier helped stretch thinking, not just on how products are designed and delivered, but also on how markets work. We combined consumer insight with economic modelling which allowed the client to conduct controlled customer trials. The bank used these insights to develop both its product strategy and its dialogue with regulators.