Did you know…
Long term trends suggest that:
- November to February are busy for A&E admissions but not so for attendances.
- April to July are busy for A&E attendances, but not so for admissions.
- For both types of activity, August is a quiet and March is busy.
- Christmas Day is very quiet for both admissions and attendances but activity picks up soon after.
- Monday is the busiest day at A&E. Saturday the quietest.
What does it mean for A&E staff?
- Take your holiday in August.
- Brace yourself for March.
- Winter isn’t necessarily the Armageddon you might imagine.
- Enjoy your Christmas dinner but don’t overdo it on New Year’s Eve!
- Monday’s are not great for anyone, but A&E staff in particular.